Arquillian can't load LoadableExtension for Websphere Embedded Container

solved

I can’t make Arquillian and Websphere Embedded EJBContainer work smoothly together. Because I can’t use the arquillian-was-embedded-8 Jar File (Missing in Company Maven repository and Jenkins).

I try to load the WebSphereExtension (LoadableExtension) in my Junit test without success. Can someone point me to the right solution?

My second question is, even if i load this jar file locally in my IDE i also have problems with the interface (on my EJB’s). See the same issue here:
How can i avoid this?

Version arquillian = 1.1.4.Final
Version was = 8.0.0.11
Java 6, Junit 4.12, IDE Luna 4.4.2

Thank you in advance, I would appreciate it a lot

The easiest way will be to compile the WAS embedded EJB container adapter yourself and adding it to your company maven repository.

You can find the documentation for the container adapter at https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ARQ/WAS+V8.0+-+Embedded?_sscc=t

The StackOverflow posting you’re referring to also has no stacktrace of the error. Do you happen to have a repro case somewhere in a git repo that I can clone and look at or can you describe the failure case in more detail?

Hoi Gpoul,

I think we have a time difference, BTW Thanks for the reply.
In the first place I tried to release Arquillian was-embedded 8 jar but I do not have sufficient permission. And this will takes only more time especially if I can not even show a POC.

I also cannot reach Github from my company network, so I tried/take some time building something on my home computer and here is the code git

Here is the stacktrace I get with interface on my bean
java.lang.AssertionError: Verify that the MyEjbTest Bean has been injected
at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
at org.junit.Assert.assertNotNull(Assert.java:712)
at nl.home.coemba.ITTaskTest.checkMyEjbTestBean(ITTaskTest.java:57)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:50)
at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$6$1.invoke(Arquillian.java:273)
at org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.impl.execution.LocalTestExecuter.execute(LocalTestExecuter.java:60)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ObserverImpl.invoke(ObserverImpl.java:94)
at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.invokeObservers(EventContextImpl.java:99)
at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.proceed(EventContextImpl.java:81)
at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:145)
at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:116)
at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventImpl.fire(EventImpl.java:67)
at org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.impl.client.protocol.local.LocalContainerMethodExecutor.invoke(LocalContainerMethodExecutor.java:50)
at org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.impl.execution.RemoteTestExecuter.execute(RemoteTestExecuter.java:109)
at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.invokeObservers(EventContextImpl.java:99)
at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.proceed(EventContextImpl.java:81)
at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:116)
at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventImpl.fire(EventImpl.java:67)
at org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.impl.execution.ClientTestExecuter.execute(ClientTestExecuter.java:57)
at org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.impl.client.ContainerEventController.createContext(ContainerEventController.java:142)
at org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.impl.client.ContainerEventController.createTestContext(ContainerEventController.java:129)
at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.proceed(EventContextImpl.java:88)
at org.jboss.arquillian.test.impl.TestContextHandler.createTestContext(TestContextHandler.java:102)
at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.proceed(EventContextImpl.java:88)
at org.jboss.arquillian.test.impl.TestContextHandler.createClassContext(TestContextHandler.java:84)
at org.jboss.arquillian.test.impl.TestContextHandler.createSuiteContext(TestContextHandler.java:65)
at org.jboss.arquillian.test.impl.EventTestRunnerAdaptor.test(EventTestRunnerAdaptor.java:111)
at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$6.evaluate(Arquillian.java:266)
at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$4.evaluate(Arquillian.java:229)
at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.multiExecute(Arquillian.java:317)
at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.access$200(Arquillian.java:46)
at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$5.evaluate(Arquillian.java:243)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:325)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:78)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:57)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:290)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:71)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:288)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:58)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:268)
at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$2.evaluate(Arquillian.java:188)
at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.multiExecute(Arquillian.java:317)
at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.access$200(Arquillian.java:46)
at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$3.evaluate(Arquillian.java:202)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363)
at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.run(Arquillian.java:150)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:459)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:675)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:382)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:192)

If jou have questions or something strikes you give me a sign.
Thank you.

I found the solution. I don’t need to build the artifacts if I use this
in src/test/resources/META-INF/services/org.jboss.arquillian.core.spi.LoadableExtension (this is a file name)
with the contents --> /path/to/WebSphereExtension

The second problem I resolve like this:
@EJB(mappedName = “java:global/test/MyEjbTest!com.home.coem.Processor”)
Processor test1;
Processor is the interface name!!

I hope it will help somebody :relaxed: